1. I swear I get asked the question, “What are your plans after graduation?” multiple times a day! I’ve started answering with silly things like “I plan to join the circus” or “Become an astronaut.” I have a few post-grad ideas/leads in the works, but nothing concrete. Any suggestions?
2. How is this blog always SO good? It has been my inspiration for years with no sign of stopping. I once emailed the founder/senior editor, and she emailed back right away with the kindest words of encouragement!
3. Have you heard of the podcast “Pod Save America”? I just discovered it and am enjoying listening to an episode before bed each night.
4. I started my new job as a student worker in Pepperdine’s Human Resources department. It’s a lot of new information and new faces, but I’m really enjoying it thus far. Plus, it’s fun to dress professional every now and again.
5. I started an article club on Tuesday nights with my girlfriends. We discuss an article, eat cookies and bask in each others company. Would you ever consider attending or hosting one?
P.s. Photos from my other instagram
1. I attended a Christmas party last night with my sweet friends Meredith and Chloe (pictured above) that was thrown by the Dean of our university. I love a good excuse to get dressed up once in a while and eat your weight in finger foods, don’t you?
2. Tomorrow I have plans to spend the afternoon and evening at The Grove, a beautiful outdoor shopping center in LA with a dear friend. What could be better?
3. Three finals stand in between me and Christmas break, that’s all. I fly home to Texas on Wednesday. I can’t wait, it’s been a long time coming!
4. I snapped the picture below on a drive through a nearby canyon today. Southern California can do Fall right once in a while!
5. This video interview of Barack and Michelle Obama was incredibly inspiring. They talk about the last eight years living in the White House and their experience raising two girls while in office. I miss them already!
1. Christmas break cannot come fast enough. I’m not too stressed about finals this semester, but I’m just so burnt out. Senioritis is real.
2. It has been CHILLY and windy here lately. Ok, so that’s coming from a native Californian who thinks anything under 60 degrees is chilly but hey…
3. Have you seen my little Thanksgiving film?
4. Dreaming up plans for this summer already…is that bad? Europe is definitely involved ;p
5. Trying to figure out what to get family for Christmas is always tricky for me. Gift Giving is not one of my love languages haha but I always try to make my gifts a bit more personal.
- I submitted my Fulbright application on Tuesday. Now I have to schedule an interview with my school’s reviewing committee next week, in which they will give me suggestions and edits to make before resubmitting it for the national deadline on October 11th. It feels like such a weight off my shoulders to finally have the essays written and all my recommendations in on time!
- My friend Alena from Hildesheim, Germany is flying in tomorrow to visit me! I can’t wait to speak German with her and show her around my stomping grounds 🙂
- I fly to Dallas/Fort worth next Wednesday to visit my parents and brother. I’ve never been to that part of the world, so I’m itching to explore! It’s funny, if I don’t get on a plane at least once every three months or so I get really antsy and stir-crazy. I guess I’m a nomad at heart.
- I am seriously thinking about applying to grad school in Germany…so yeah, that’s a big deal. I was against grad school for a long time, but now God is working on my heart in new ways. I think it might be a great option after graduation!
- I love my church, RealityLA. I just signed up for a small group on Wednesdays and I could not be more stoked. It’s nice to meet people from such diverse backgrounds and not just college students for a change.
- This blog is still my all-time favorite. It’s the blog that inspired me to start my own way back in the day.
- I went to a German restaurant in Venice last night called Wurstküche. Although it’s not in Germany, I will admit the bratwurst was pretty dang delicious.
- As a native Californian I’m ashamed to admit I’ve never been to Joshua Tree National Park, and I plan to remedy that this school year! Have you been?
P.s This picture of a young Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher hanging out just kills me for some reason 🙂
1. Syllabi always give me anxiety. The first week of school is a bombardment of syllabi from every class informing you of all the work ahead this semester. I have to remind myself to take a deep breath and reaaaaaxxxx…it will all get done.
2. I’m fasting today. I’ve never fasted before, but always wanted to try it as a spiritual discipline. Not too many hunger pains thus far I’m glad to report, although it’s only 10am haha! My goal is to make room for God to fill the space in my daily life. where food usually is.
3. I miss Germany. There, I said it.
4. I restrung my brother’s old guitar (a terrifying experience) and bought a capo. I even made my own pick out of an old credit card! I plan to shape up on my guitar skills this semester. It’s such a cathartic hobby.
5. My little brother is having a grand old time in Texas. He went to the first Baylor football game of the season and got to run across the entire field with all the other freshies before it began. I’m really looking forward to visiting him and my parents in Texas at the end of the month!
6. Loving the photos on this blog. Very inspiring. I need to get out and practice my photography.
7. I got a ticket for (allegedly) not stopping long enough at a stop sign back in May. I contested it and got a court date of August 31st. I showed up at 8am in Santa Monica, dressed to the nines, ready to argue my case before the honorable judge and courtroom. But then THE OFFICER DIDN’T SHOW UP! There is a god people, he is real. I got my $283 back– Christmas came early this year. You can see my celebratory Instagram post here.
8. Really want to get another tattoo (sorry mom and dad). Still thinking about what it might be. I know I want a German word and have an idea of where on my body I would like it. But the exact word is still in process.
9. The internet is really funny. I laid in bed for an hour today just scrolling through Instagram and laughing out loud by myself.
10. This article is hilarious and sadly true.
Twenty things I that have made me happy lately:
- The rain storm Sunday night.
- My fuzzy white blanket.
- Acoustic guitar music.
- Chance run-ins with old friends.
- Of course, coffee. So so much coffee.
- Messing around with my camera.
- When someone is genuinely passionate about something and their passion rubs off on you.
- Decorating the Christmas tree.
- Windy mornings.
- Light pink cotton candy sunsets.
- Finding the perfect Christmas present for someone.
- Bonding in the misery of finals.
- A text that makes you laugh out loud.
- Staring out the window on long car rides.
- Listening to a song so many times you feel it in your bones.
- Phone conversations with my parents.
- Thrift store finds!
- Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume.
- Hot showers.
- Feeling excited about the future.