Have you ever been to the Netherlands? I have been twice before, but this time was extra special. My parents picked me up in Münster and whisked me off to the tulip fields across the border. I don’t have a particularly green thumb (re: black) but I can appreciate gorgeous flowers as much as the next person. And man, these flowers inspired me to plant my own! These photos were taken at the Keukenhof garden, which is basically Disneyland for flowers. I was awe-struck and couldn’t help saying “Look at that, Mom!” around every corner. Below are a few photos if you’d like to see.Dad thoroughly enjoying the tulips…All in all, an inspiring visit! I’m off to purchase gardening supplies…
- The sun is shining. People, that is a big deal here.
- Rumor has it that Wednesday will be the first snow of the season
- The Christmas Markets start on the 26th!
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 4 is on Netflix. Gold.
- This article.
- Today I saw an old man looking at his phone with a magnifying glass.
- Weeping willows.
- Receiving snail mail.
- That feeling when you are in class and actually learning something new.
- Orange leaves on the sidewalk.
- When my little bro calls me just to ask about my first day of school.
- First days of school.
- Love to my brothers
- Love to my parents
- Love to my dear Jessica
- Love to my friends in Germany
- Love to all the refugees and displaced persons in this world
- Love to those fighting for justice and peace
- Love to the precious children in my life
- Love to all the perspective graduates
- Love to my Opa (grandpa)
- Love to those who need it most
1. Rain after a long drought in Southern California
2. Sleepy Oak trees
3. The start of a new semester
5. Old family photos
6. Interesting articles
7. The works of F. Scott Fitzerald
Isn’t Iowa lovely? A few of these gorgeous photos were taken by my talented little brother.
Happy New Year friends! I am at home with a glass of wine and a good book, just the way I like it. So I don’t like to use the word resolutions because it makes me feel like a totally irresolute failure of a person when I fall short of meeting mine! So maybe it’s just semantics, but I prefer to use the word goals when it comes to my ambitions for the coming year. January is an interesting month– the let down after the holidays can be pretty anticlimactic, yet I have to gear up to start another semester. And this is my last semester of college! What. even. So, I figured it would be nice to take a moment to list a few goals, both large and small, I have for 2017. It is sure to be a year of huge transition and change as I try to navigate myself in a new direction post-graduation, but here goes:
- Read every night before bed. Seems simple enough…lol.
- Memorize a poem (I’m thinking this one).
- Learn to tell a great joke or story. I’ve always wanted to crack people up at a party, but feel too insecure to put myself out there (what if they don’t laugh?!). But I’m 21, I think it’s high time I remedy this!
- Improve my German.
- Practice photography more regularly (and get creative with the camera settings– no more Manual setting for this girl).
- Perform at a Coffee House. Every month my university has an open mic night where students can sing or play instruments, and I’ve always been interested in signing up to sing or play piano but never had the guts! 2017 I’m lookin’ at you.
- Move to Germany (I told you there were some biggies on here) ;p
What are your New Years ‘goals’?
- The Last Bookstore in downtown LA was rad. I went on Saturday and could have spent hours (and all my money) there.
- The ocean. I went for a swim (in October!) last Friday and it was uber refreshing.
- Instagram. Ok, I have a love-hate relationship with this app. On the one hand, it is ultra addicting and time consuming, but on the other hand I LOVE the photography on there. It is so inspiring, people are crazy talented.
- This blog. It never ceases to grab my interest!
- The opportunity to be a bridesmaid in my brother’s wedding! So honored his fiancé asked me, it will be a blast 🙂
- My upcoming trip to Texas in a week and a half! Can’t wait to see a Baylor football game.
- German. Even though I have an exam this week, I am always grateful for the ability to learn another language.
- The fact that I only have to take three classes next semester. I am considering taking piano or guitar just for fun.
- Old friends
- Sunshine streaming through my window in the morning
- Intentional friends
- Birthday parties
- The ability and means to travel
- My university education
- My guitar
- The German language
- My little brother’s kind heart
- Hospitable people
- Little kid’s joy and curiosity
- Long, slow walks
- The beach
- Good books
- My polaroid camera
- My car
- A soft bed
- Holiday traditions
P.s. This photo is absolutely random and unrelated. But gosh do I love Bob Dylan.
Well hello there friends! How are things on your side of the screen? I cannot believe I finish my junior year of college this Wednesday. I will be a senior. WHAT? When exactly did that happen? That title doesn’t even sound right.
Anyways…I’ve been busy studying for finals, writing a research paper, and attending various end of the year events. Nothing too major to report, other than I’m looking forward to some down time to read, write and take photos. Summer is the best.
Have a lovely weekend and don’t forget to relax!
P.s. Photo by the talented Sofie Sund. It reminds me of those long summer evenings spent outdoors.
The other day I was walking around downtown Malibu (I use the word downtown loosely here) when I noticed this beautiful field of yellow flowers! For some reason, I don’t remember spring in Malibu very clearly my freshman year, and then I was gone last year, so this is the first time I’m fully experiencing and appreciating it! These yellow flowers really reminded me of the fields of rape seed in Hildesheim, Germany last spring/summer. I always miss the nature of Malibu when I’m home in El Segundo, because it’s very urban and compact. However, yesterday when I was downtown I saw that they cut all these flowers and now it’s just an empty field. Oh well, I’m glad I snapped these pics when I got the chance! This weekend includes homework, a volleyball tournament for my sorority, and a Sunday night concert. What are your plans?