Here at Pepperdine we like to say we get trapped in the “Pepperdine Bubble.” That is, we don’t leave campus for days or weeks on end and forget there is a great big world out there beyond Pepperdine. I tend to get caught up in my school life and let my focus turn too narrow and inward. Once in a while I need a breath of fresh air. So today my friend Sarah (who has made many appearances on this blog) and I went to Primo Passo Coffee shop on Montana Boulevard in Santa Monica for a little break. We needed to burst the bubble! I had so much fun sipping my latte, taking polaroids and window shopping along the street. I would highly recommend it if you’re looking for a study break or a yummy drink. Hope you’re having a good one friends!
Twenty things I that have made me happy lately:
- The rain storm Sunday night.
- My fuzzy white blanket.
- Acoustic guitar music.
- Chance run-ins with old friends.
- Of course, coffee. So so much coffee.
- Messing around with my camera.
- When someone is genuinely passionate about something and their passion rubs off on you.
- Decorating the Christmas tree.
- Windy mornings.
- Light pink cotton candy sunsets.
- Finding the perfect Christmas present for someone.
- Bonding in the misery of finals.
- A text that makes you laugh out loud.
- Staring out the window on long car rides.
- Listening to a song so many times you feel it in your bones.
- Phone conversations with my parents.
- Thrift store finds!
- Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume.
- Hot showers.
- Feeling excited about the future.
Oh sweet, dark one
You were my first true love
Boys may come and go, but you remain
Filling me up the way no human ever could
Sustain me with your life giving caffein
Through study, conversation, recreation, you are there
I enjoy you all over the world, day or night, hot or cold
Monday morning, Friday night, Winter or Summer
Some say our relationship is unhealthy, dependent even
But I say haters gonna hate- we are perfect together
Without you I am depresso
You are and always will be my number one bae
I love you coffee
Question of the Day
What was your first true love?! Any other coffee enthusiasts out there?