- When you’re at dinner with your colleagues and someone tells a joke in German that you don’t understand, and everyone is rolling on the floor laughing– TEARS WERE SHED here people. And you just sit there and chuckle along nervously, pretending to understand and then begin to silently panic…
- Forgetting to turn off your livingroom light before you left for an entire weekend.
- Not understanding your boss’s instructions in German to eat lunch on your own time before the museum tour, so you don’t eat anything, and then STARVE to the brink of death for the next six hours.
- Asking the woman at the supermarket which vegetables are zucchini and which are eggplant because you can’t tell the difference and don’t know the different words in German and your cooking repertoire up till now includes ramen and spaghetti, and she stares at you like you’re an idiot and points them out. Who knew one was purple and one was green? Not this girl.
- This photo your friend took of you posing in the woods. Believe it or not, you were trying to act natural:
- Teaching a class about California and the Cali lifestyle– it really is a great state 🙂
- Rearranging your furniture to make it feel like a whole new space.
- Looking forward to two friends visiting on Saturday.
- When your homie from college books a flight to see you in December!
- The fact that your parents will be here in one week 😮