Happy New Year friends! I am at home with a glass of wine and a good book, just the way I like it. So I don’t like to use the word resolutions because it makes me feel like a totally irresolute failure of a person when I fall short of meeting mine! So maybe it’s just semantics, but I prefer to use the word goals when it comes to my ambitions for the coming year. January is an interesting month– the let down after the holidays can be pretty anticlimactic, yet I have to gear up to start another semester. And this is my last semester of college! What. even. So, I figured it would be nice to take a moment to list a few goals, both large and small, I have for 2017. It is sure to be a year of huge transition and change as I try to navigate myself in a new direction post-graduation, but here goes:
- Read every night before bed. Seems simple enough…lol.
- Memorize a poem (I’m thinking this one).
- Learn to tell a great joke or story. I’ve always wanted to crack people up at a party, but feel too insecure to put myself out there (what if they don’t laugh?!). But I’m 21, I think it’s high time I remedy this!
- Improve my German.
- Practice photography more regularly (and get creative with the camera settings– no more Manual setting for this girl).
- Perform at a Coffee House. Every month my university has an open mic night where students can sing or play instruments, and I’ve always been interested in signing up to sing or play piano but never had the guts! 2017 I’m lookin’ at you.
- Move to Germany (I told you there were some biggies on here) ;p
What are your New Years ‘goals’?