I am two days away from being a senior in college. Where exactly did the last three years go?! At the risk of writing an incredibly cliché post filled with nostalgia and disbelief, I’ve decided instead to simply list ten things I’ve learned about life/people/myself over the course of the last three years. Here goes:
- Change is inevitable, so try to normalize it instead of making it a huge deal.
- Travel light. The less stuff you lug around from living situation to living situation the better.
- 99% of the time people aren’t ignoring you on purpose, they’re just busy.
- Everyone goes through breakups. Doesn’t mean you’re a bad person, sometimes there really is no ‘nice’ way of going about it.
- A final is just a regular test with a scarier name.
- Write as much as you can. Even if it’s crappy work, keep writing.
- Boys are stupid yet so easy to like!
- Read for fun, even when you feel like you don’t have time or energy. It will make you a more interesting person guaranteed.
- If you’re feeling unexplainably moody, it probably means you haven’t exercised in a ridiculously long time. Try to remedy that.
- Call your parents often. They deserve it.
What do you think, have I gained any wisdom over the years? Sometimes I feel like the theory ‘the older you get, the less you know’ is more accurate! Have a good one friends, I’m off to catch up on four months of sleep!
P.s. Photo from here