Hello again friends, and happy Thursday! I can’t believe I’ve already been in Hildesheim for two and a half weeks. I’m now able to successfully navigate my way around town, and even have a few ‘favorite hang out spots’ to frequent. Over the past year, I’ve developed a little practice where I make a “Happy List.” That is, a list of all the small, seemingly insignificant things in my life that add up to make me one happy girl. When I’m feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or cranky, I can look back on these lists and remember how blessed I truly am. You can read a past Happy List here, or keep scrolling down to read my latest list, sprinkled throughout a few recent pictures of Hildesheim in bloom!
1. The fact that the sun doesn’t set until 9:30pm these days.
2. When I learn a new German word and then successfully use it in conversation.
3. My ritual morning cup of coffee.
4. The lilac bushes in full bloom around town.
5. Long telephone conversations with my dad.
6. The colorful doors scattered around Hildesheim. I have a thing for doors.
7. Being able to walk/ride my bike everywhere.
8. Sleeping in way longer than necessary.
9. Warm showers before bed.
10. Fresh flowers on the table.
12. Starting a new book.
13. Binge watching Gilmore Girls (I don’t have a problem, I could stop anytime).
14. All German bread. They do bread right.
15. Playing silly games with little kids.
16. Chillin’ with Tazan, my host’s cat.
17. Breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day, after all.
18. Snuggling up under a fuzzy blanket.
19. Having no where to be and nothing important to do.
20. Checking tasks off your to-do list.
21. Crawling into bed after a long day.
22. Church potlucks.
23. Wasting time in coffee shops.
24. Listening to a really interesting podcast.
25. Messing around on the guitar or piano.
26. ^Finding my family’s name carved above an old German door frame. When can I move in?!
27. Experiencing spring slowly turn into summer. This is my first time really experiencing seasons, and it’s blowing my mind!
28. Traveling to new destinations.
29. Writing of any sort- blog posts, short stories, essays, poems, you name it!
30. Home cooked meals.
31. Warm fuzzy socks.
32. Learning about German traditions.
33. Shoe shopping.
34. Practicing my photography and becoming more familiar with my camera.
35. Family vacations.
36. Colorful buildings and attention to detail.
37. Movie nights.
38. Cider. It’s not just for New Years Eve anymore!
39. Painting with watercolor.
40. Perusing my favorite blogs.
41. Peonies- my favorite flower of all time!
42. Experimenting with new hairstyles.
43. Listening to people talk about something they are obviously passionate about.
44. Card games.
45. Memorable late night conversations.
46. Becoming a regular somewhere.
47. Weekly bible study.
48. DIY crafts and decorations
49. This blog!
50. My lovely readers (that’s you, wink wink :))